Monday, October 22, 2007

The Gamma Knife Update

My Love and I left the house at 4:30 a.m. on Thursday to drive into NYC for my Gamma Knife treatment. My Mom was at home to take care of The Kid and see him off to school. The whole affair went off quite smoothly from admission through discharge. But, I may not be the right person to ask as I was under the influence of Fentanyl and Ativan. I couldn't have cared less what happened that day.

The entire radiation procedure took approximately 20 minutes (so I recall being told) and the "other site" that showed up on scan is still unidentifiable and apparently smaller. So, it was left alone to die a miserable death by upcoming Avastin infusions.

For the rest of the weekend, I did generally nothing. My Mom really helped out with meals and entertaining The Kid. It was great to have her there. Especially since I was having math issues and couldn't figure out just how many of which pill I was supposed to be taking at what time. I'm chalking it up to transient, post-treatment issues. Although, I did do laundry. I'm always doing laundry and there is very little math involved in that. Except addition. Finally, there was The Kid's soccer game on Sunday. Another beautiful, but un-fall-like day. Cripes, that was a paragraph of nonsense, wasn't it?

As an aside, I wonder if they sell these by the pound. I could get a good deal and it seems a lot easier than drawing them on every day.


Liza said...

I thought doing laundry required the skill to match patterns....meaning socks. I'm still not good at that.

I was thinking of you over the weekend, and I'm happy Mom was there to take care of you. Don't want you making a mistake with the pills, you know.

Love you. L

Anonymous said...

I hope the chemo fog has lifted, even if just for the day so you enjoyed your weekend.

Maybe for Halloween you can draw on some really scarey eyebrows and order the skull beanie cap & scare the neighbor kids when they come to the door.

Keep kickin' ass girl.
- Suzanne