Friday, June 27, 2008

I'm on NPR!

Remember the blog by Leroy Sievers on NPR I told you about? It's called My Cancer and Leroy posts something insightful and thought-provoking each day about living with his disease. A few weeks ago, he proposed this to his readers -- Finish this sentence: My cancer... He received 390 replies. Including mine.

I don't know what made me do it. Well, really, I do. It was all those posts about how cancer has been a "blessing," and "awakening," and "taught me so much." F that. So, I weighed in on the subject.

A few days later, I received an e-mail from Leroy's assistant letting those who had responded to the post know that they wanted to put together a photo gallery of the people who replied. Would I like to send a photo?

Sure! Why not?

Well, yesterday, Leroy posted his photo gallery. 390 replies to the blog, who knows how many photos submitted, 32 photos in the gallery. Guess who was selected? Swear. Scroll down to yesterday's post!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your attitude girlie.

- Suzanne

Anonymous said...

I KNEW that one was yours. That post on NPR was NOT a few weeks ago, try a couple of months. I remember trolling through all the replies with Mark and wondering if that one was yours.

I SO knew it was you. Okay, it did say "Tracy" after the reply, but there were a few "Tracys" who did reply.

Anyway, as Lils would say, that's cool-awesome!!

xo L

Anonymous said...

Thanks for exposing me to that wonderful photo gallery and comments. Although I still can not make sense of this life, no matter how hard I try as I grow older, reading these posts makes me feel simultaneously sad and happy... such a unique mix of emotions.

Kelley Nicholson-Flynn said...

I LOVE your sentence. You are a rock star.