Sunday, September 30, 2007

My Friend, St. Terese

No, it's not Armageddon and yes, I am still in quasi-control of my mind. My mistrust of organized religion aside, today I am honoring a woman of spiritual strength who brimmed with optimism and love. Someone who inspires me.

St Therese of Lisieux
, the Little
Flower, is a Doctor of the Church and today is her Feast Day. Although she is my namesake, it wasn't until my breast cancer diagnosis that I began to get to know her. Since then, I have come to rely upon her when I am fearful and doubtful. I also strive to follow the example of her life to guide my own. I even make near-daily attempts to put her "'little way' of doing ordinary things with extra-ordinary love" into practice. And, what I find most comforting about St. Therese, is that if I take the time to look for evidence of her, I often find it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo,Trace,

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I ATTENDED MASS THIS MORNING AND HAD A CHAT WITH ST. THERESA REMINDING HER TO KEEP WATCH OVER YOU. ALSO LIT THE USUAL CANDLE. THE FATHER WHO HAD MASS TODAY SPOKE ALL ABOUT THE SAINT. INTERESTING.

LOVE GRANDMA